So here we are, once again on the threshold of a new year. How many times in the next 24 hours will you say or think: Where did the time go? So I won’t bother to repeat it here. (But where did it go?)
Do you still consider making New Year’s resolutions? If you don’t write them down, do you even think about them? I have long ago given up making promises to myself that I will never keep. If I want to feel bad about myself for being a weakling, I already have sufficient items from prior years to draw upon.
So this year, instead of trying to reconfigure bad habits, I’ve decided to embrace them. Below is a partial list of personal reforms that will NOT happen in 2015 .
- Spend more time at the gym.
- Eat more vegetables.
- Give up Cool Whip.
- Lose weight.
- Shop less.
- Get more sleep.
- Organize my drawers and keep them organized.
- Stop wasting time watching Law and Order reruns.
- Improve at golf.
- Learn French.
- Cook at home more often.
- Always hang up my clothes before I go to bed.
- Read James Joyce.
- Wear a bikini.
- Complete a London Times crossword puzzle.
- Solve even one clue of a London Times crossword puzzle.
- Have a neat desk.
- Never write another essay about my husband.
So what are you doing tonight? Staying at home? Perhaps a movie? Dinner with friends? A fancy party? Will you even try to stay awake until midnight? Whatever your preference, I want to wish everyone a happy, healthy New Year.
And thank you for your encouragement and readership. My husband also thanks you. The time I spend writing is time spent not shopping.